July 6, 2017
The ACLU of Indiana will be conducting elections for Board of Directors. If you are a member as of July 15, 2017, you will receive a ballot for the election in August.
Terms are for three years beginning January 1, 2018.
• Indianapolis Region; incumbent: Caroline Richardson
• Bloomington Region; incumbent: Jim Spangler
• Western Region; Sharon Russell
• Southern Region; Mark E. Miller
• At-Large; incumbent: Stephen Briles
• At-Large; incumbent: Sally Zweig
• At-Large; incumbent: Alice Bennett
The Board is comprised of 30 members representing different regions of the state, including nine members who serve at-large. The Board oversees the general business and affairs of the ACLU of Indiana as defined by the organization's bylaws. In addition, members of the Board are expected to:
• maintain membership in the American Civil Liberties Union
• attend the bi-monthly Saturday meetings in the Indianapolis office
• serve actively on at least one committee
• attend ACLU of Indiana events
• contribute financially to the organization
• serve as an ambassador for the state and national ACLU
***Applications must be submitted by July 20, 2017***
The ACLU of Indiana actively seeks racial, ethnic, age, sexual orientation, gender and geographic diversity on the board, as well as diversity in professional skills and expertise. Click here to view a current board list.
Ballots, including candidate statements, instructions and return-addressed envelope will be sent to all ACLU of Indiana members.
Governance and Nominating Committee Chair
ACLU of Indiana